New Variation of MA01 Series 8Gbps+ Floating Board-to-Board Connectors with Expanded Floating Tolerance Added to the Family
April 18, 2023
Japan Aviation Electronics Industry (JAE) has released an additional variation to the MA01 Series floating board-to-board connectors, with an expanded floating tolerance.
The MA01 Series floating board-board connectors are ideal for the automotive and industrial markets, where higher performance has prompted a continuous increase in information processing speeds. The MA01 Series features both high-speed transmission that exceeds 8Gbps, equivalent to 10GBASE-KR (*1) and PCIe Gen3 (*2), and high contact reliability through a unique two-point contact structure.
In order to meet an even wider variety of needs, JAE has added a product variation that elongates the floating tolerances in the X & Y directions from the conventional ±0.5 mm to ±0.8 mm. With the increased floating tolerance, the MA01 Series will contribute to improving customer productivity and expanding board design capabilities.
*1: 10GBASE-KR: 10 Gigabit Ethernet transmission; a communication standard for building computer networks set by IEEE, specifying communication between printed circuit boards within an application.
*2: PCIe Gen3 (PCI Express 3.0): One of the serial bus standards specified by PCI-SIG, where it calls for 8Gbps transmission speed.
MA01 Series XY ±0.8 mm floating tolerance variation
* Offered in stacking heights of 11.5 mm, 13.5 mm, and 21.5 mm when mated with the rigid side connectors of existing MA01 Series products.
* This expansion includes a 30-position solution. Please feel free to contact us to discuss a different pin count alternative.
- Floating tolerance: ±0.8 mm in X & Y directions
- Stacking height tolerance between boards: ±0.5 mm in Z-direction
- Two-point contact structure ensures high contact reliability
- Low insertion and removal forces achieved by using rolled surface of contact
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +125°C
- 8 Gbps+ high-speed transmission (10GBASE-KR and PCIe Gen3 equivalent)
- Excellent mating process with large guides, supporting automatic assembly and mating (mating guide length: ±1.0 mm)
- Supports automatic mounting
- Allows for multiple connectors to be used on a single pair of boards without alignment issues
- Keyed to prevent reverse mating
- Clear visibility of solder joints for easy visual inspection
Automotive devices (ADAS-ECU, Central gateway, and other equipment.), factory automation equipment, semiconductor manufacturing equipment, office multi-function machines, communication equipment, test and measurement equipment, broadcasting equipment and other various applications.
|Number of Contacts||30 positions|
|Stacking Height||11.5mm, 13.5mm, 21.5mm|
|Floating Tolerance||±0.8 mm in X & Y directions|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40°C ~ +125°C
(including conduction temperature rise)
|Rated Voltage||AC50V rms.|
|Contact||Copper alloy / Au plating|
|Hold-down||Copper alloy / Sn plating|
MA01 Series (For more details) >
Information and details given here are as of the date of publication. Please note that the details may be changed.