JAE Releases the MA07 Series of In-vehicle USB 3.2 and DisplayPort 1.4 Compatible Board-to-Cable Connectors
September 20, 2023
JAE has developed and released the MA07 Series of high-speed connectors and harnesses compatible with USB 3.2 and DisplayPort 1.4 transmission, enabling next generation in-vehicle applications.
Enhancements to in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) have progressed in recent years, and the need for video signal transmission between ECUs and displays as well as for communication with PCs, smartphones, and gaming devices is increasing. The introduction of high-speed USB transmission for automotive applications has begun, and in anticipation of the popularization of in-vehicle USB transmission around the world, JAE has developed the MA07 Series of board-to-cable connectors, compatible with USB and DisplayPort transmission.
This product is compatible with USB 3.2 and DisplayPort 1.4 data transmission standards and will be able to accommodate the faster transmission speeds that will become necessary as data volumes increase. Also, since this series is designed based off of other JAE internal connector structures that have already been proven in the market, contact reliability and robustness are ensured, as well as the environmental resistance necessary for in-vehicle connectors.
- Evaluated against the USCAR2 specification
- Transmission signal: USB 3.2 Gen 2 × 2: Maximum data transfer speed 20Gbps (10Gbps × 2 lanes)
DisplayPort 1.4: Maximum bandwidth 32.4Gbps (8.1Gbps × 4 lanes)
- Receptacles are supplied in tape and reel packaging and can accommodate through-hole reflow
- Plugs and relay receptacles are supplied as complete harnesses
- Robust structure employs outer housing that prevents insertion at an angle
- Four key variations prevent mis-mating
- Relay harness option is available, and a chassis mounting clip can be added
- STP cable employed in high-speed communication lines
Applicable MarketsIn-vehicle infotainment (IVI) (Example of use: Connection between head unit and I/O box)
|Number of Contacts||24 positions|
|Operating Temperature Range||−40°C to +105°C|
|Insulation Resistance||10MΩ or more (mated state)|
|Rated Current||GND 3A / Signal 0.25A|
|Dielectric Withstanding Voltage||100VAC(when applied for one minute in mated state)|
|Applicable PCB Thickness||t 1.2–1.6mm|
|Applicable Wire||Specialized cable used|
|No.||Part Number||Key Code (color)|
Plug and Relay
Specifications such as cable length need to be adjusted for the plug and relay harness, so please contact us with any special requests.
Information and details given here are as of the date of publication.
Please note that the details may be changed.